Tweaks to the behaviour of hospital co-workers, such as automatic admission of new patients to beds.
The default behaviour of co-workers for the active doctor career in The Sims 4 Get to Work is somewhat lacking.
The nurses tend to pick one patient and then just chat with them for the entire work shift, blocking access to that patient. The doctors tend to just stay on one of the chemical analyser machines all day. The orderly is useful, being the staff member assigned to clean, make beds and repair broken objects.
While playing the active doctor career, I often felt like the staff could do more to help, or at least seem like there were being busy around the hospital. Especially with frustrated patients waiting at reception to be admitted.
This mod tweaks the following background behaviour:
- Orderlies and nurses will deliver food to hungry patients and chat about healthcare.
- Nurses and doctors will perform random examinations on patients.
- Orderly will greet new patients waiting at reception and admit them to empty hospital beds.
- Orderly will badge-in at the reception desk at the beginning of their shift.
- Orderly will perform calibration tests on the X-ray machines if they are not already calibrated.
So these are just a couple of minor changes and additional behaviours, but I’ve found that it makes my gameplay experience as a doctor more fun. I can focus on treating patients while the staff do things in the background and not just stand around idle all day.
- The examinations performed by the nurses and doctors are just for show, and they don’t actually contribute to the diagnosis of the patients. It’s still up to your active doctor to make diagnosis and treatment and allows you to fulfil work tasks.
- With more options, the nurse should bounce between different patients to perform exams or deliver food, but occasionally they may randomly pick the same patient to chat with repeatedly.
- At early career levels, your active doctor will be performing the tasks of an orderly – so you will be expected to admit patients to beds yourself (it may even be one of your work tasks). When you reach nurse and doctor level tasks, the game provides an NPC orderly and this mod allows them to perform autonomous patient admissions.
- At higher level doctor, you may randomly get an “understaffed” day at the hospital situation, where there’s no orderly for the day – just another doctor and a nurse. You’ll have to admit patients yourself on those days.
- This mod rewrites the tuning files for a lot of hospital bed related interactions and NPC orderly role. If you have other mods which specifically change the same resources, they may conflict with each other.
Download and install
Download the mod package file and place it in your Mods folder for The Sims 4, found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods.
Latest updated version: 4 June 2020
Tested with game version: PC 220.127.116.110 (November 2020)
Like this mod? You can support me at buymeacoffee.com/galactrix ☕