Tweaks to some of the interactions in Eco Lifestyle expansion pack to prevent some issues; reduces certain interactions from being pushed too often (like baking cakes, brewing stress relief potions or giving fake bad news); puts some limitations on NPCs stealing furniture from non-residential lots and fixes issues with NAP Inspectors and NAP autonomy.
Bugs fixed by this mod
- Important items being swiped by sims
- Toning down behaviour caused by NAPs
- Fixes for the NAP Inspector
You can read more details about these issues below.
Important items being swiped by sims
If the Sharing is Caring NAP is enabled, sims will be encouraged to swipe items. Similar behaviour can be performed by sims with the Recycle Disciple trait – if they haven’t recycled anything for a while, they get tense and autonomously begin swiping items to break down.
While this behaviour is intentional, this can cause issues if the sims choose items that are out in the open world area where you can’t go into build mode and replace them. This seems to happen for festival furniture in San Myshuno, although the items seem to remain in place and get labled as stolen instead of actually being swiped.
The items chosen for swiping can be unlimited value and from these types of furniture: lights, easel, couch, computer, TV, stereo, instrument, living chair, video game, vase, stool, art, pet bowl, pet toy, book, sink, counter and table.
You can read more about this bug at EA Answers HQ: Objects disappear from lots/NPC stealing (with and without NAP). Visit the thread and click “me too” to raise its importance for hopefully getting an official patch fix.
To protect important items from being stolen, this mod makes the following changes:
- Sims will only target objects on the active lot (the buildable area) and not items in the open world (off-lot public areas).
- Sims are not allowed to target objects in apartment lobbies – this caused lot breaking issues if the apartment trash chute was stolen by sims with the Recycle Disciple trait.
- On non-residential lots, some items have been removed from the list of swipeable goods including stereos, musical instruments, TVs, computers, living chairs, stools, sinks, counters and tables which are considered as required items for multiple venue types including bars, lounges and more.
- Homework books are not allowed to be stolen.
- The maximum value of an item that can be stolen has been limited to 1000 simoleons for non-residential lots.
- The mod does not change stealing behaviour on residential lots, where the default Eco Lifestyle gameplay is unchanged and the full list of items can be swiped at unlimited value – at home you have the option to lock your doors, limit the amount of guests, tell people to leave and repeal the NAP.
Toning down behaviour caused by NAPs
There are some cases where sims seem to over-do particular actions being pushed by some neighbourhood action plans.
The official bug reports for these issues can be found at EA Answers HQ: Sims are obsessed with cooking and baking, Sims keep getting into brawls with everyone, Sims being tormented with fake bad news social, Sims are obsessed with programming and Sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction. If you’re experiencing these issues, visit the bug threads and click “me too” to raise their importance for hopefully getting an official patch fix.
This mod will try to tone down the following things:
- Autonomy pushes for all NAPs will now test for uncomfortable moods and low motive moodlets for bladder, energy, hunger and hygiene. Sims who are too uncomfortable will not want to do any NAP stuff.
- Roughhousing Encouraged: added the default autonomy checks for mean socials, so only sims who would normally be mean and aggressive are encouraged (the defaults include sims with bad relationships, erratic/mean/evil trait sims, sims in angry moods or having extremely boring or offensive conversations).
- Free Love: added the default autonomy checks for romance socials, so sims will follow the standard rules for romance (such as selecting targets based on gender preference, being in a flirty mood, having suggestive conversations, etc.), rather than being completely free to do whatever goes.
- Fun Community: removed an autonomy push for pranking that triggered a version of “Give Fake Bad News” from Parenthood Game Pack to be spammed. The default base game version of “Give Fake Bad News” was not affected by this.
- Fun Community: sims will now consider their needs and only perform actions if their fun need falls out of the green range. If their fun need becomes low, then they will start to perform NAP actions to bring their fun back up (which includes mischief, comedy and video games).
- Foodies Unite: reduced the priority for white cake and carob cake, which were being chosen as cooking recipes above all other food options.
- Foodies Unite: sims will now consider their hunger needs and the hunger of other sims around them before deciding whether or not to cook meals or grab snacks, in order to prevent the overproduction and waste of food.
- Juiced Community: sims will now consider their thirst needs and the thirst of other sims around them before deciding whether or not to make bar drinks or tap a juice keg.
- Support the Performing Arts: the autonomy pushes for this NAP will now check if the sims are in an inspired mood. If the sim is not inspired, then it will check their fun need instead. Sims who have low fun will start to perform NAP actions to bring their fun back up (which includes playing instruments and dancing). Sims with the creative, music lover and dance machine traits will be pushed to do this sooner than sims without these traits.
- Rock Your Body: the autonomy pushes for this NAP will now check if the sims are in an energized mood. If the sim is not energized, then it will check their energy need instead. Sims will be less likely to perform NAP actions as they become more tired. Sims with the active and bro traits will last longer than sims without these traits before becoming too tired to do NAP exercises (which are pushups and stretches).
- Self Sufficiency: the autonomy pushes for brewing stress relief herbalism potions will now check for stressed mood. Only sims who are tense will want to make a potion to relieve it.
- Tech Support: the autonomy pushes for practicing programming will now check for high social need. As the sim gets more lonely, they will be less likely to want to do any programming sessions.
- Tech Support: replaced the default push for practicing programming with a shorter custom session that only lasts for a maximum of one hour (instead of the default version the game uses which lasts unlimited length until your sim’s needs fail).
Fixes for the NAP Inspector
For some NAPs, an inspector will randomly visit your home to check whether or not you are in compliance with the rules set by active NAPs. If you fail the inspection you’ll get a penalty applied to your bills. If you pass inspection you get a bill discount.
Under the Eco Friendly Appliances NAP, there’s a condition where the inspector will fail the inspection and fine you, even if you have eco upgrades on your appliances.
You can read more about this bug at EA Answers HQ: NAP Energy Efficient Appliances Fines Despite Upgrades. If you’re experiencing this issue, visit the bug thread and click “me too” to raise its importance for hopefully getting an official patch fix.
This mod has these fixes for the NAP Inspector:
- Fix for the “Invite In” interaction for NAP Inspectors. You’ll be able to invite the inspector to enter your property and inspect items inside.
- Fix for Eco-Friendly Appliances NAP inspection check. You’ll pass inspection if the appliance the inspector checks has at least one eco-friendly upgrade completed.
- This mod fix is for players who own the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack on PC/Mac since game update version 188.8.131.520.
- This mod rewrites the tuning files for NPC autonomously pushed actions for all NAPs and their related commodities. It also changes the tuning files for autonomously picked target objects for Sharing is Caring and Recycle Disciple; the base game interactions for autonomous cake baking and grabbing snacks; and the tuning files for the Civic Inspector situation. If you have any other mods that change the same tuning files, they may clash with this mod.
- This mod reduces the number of times the game tries to spawn new future cubes, clay blobs and mystery novels. In the cases where they do spawn, they are flagged to be treated as temporary. It can’t guarantee to catch all cases though – you might find some stick around after going through loading screens while sims have them in use.
- Updated on 17 June 2020: the previous fixes to stop clay blobs, future cubes and mystery novel spawning didn’t work. Redesigned it from scratch. Limited swiping of items from non-residential lots to a maximum value of 1000 simoleons and blacklisted some critical items to try and stop some venues (such as bars) being made incomplete.
- Updated on 5 July 2020: blacklisted a few additional items from being stolen on non-residential lots, added protection for items in apartment lobbies from being stolen and added tweaks to tone down various spammy actions caused by NAPs.
- Updated on 19 July 2020: added fixes for NAP Inspectors not being able to be invited in and failing eco-friendly upgrade inspections on appliances. Tweaks to practice programming interaction pushed by the Tech Support NAP.
- Updated on 27 July 2020: moved over the stuck commodities fix from my retired NAP Autonomy Fix mod; added new fixes to cover NAPs previously missing from the mod, including Free Love, Support Performing Arts and Juiced Community; made some additional tweaks and enhancements to tone down overactive NAP behaviour including trait, buff and mood based checks.
- Updated on 6 October 2020: the stuck commodities bug has been fixed in the October 2020 game update. Copied over the new timings on autonomous NAP pushes from the updated commodities.
- Updated on 10 October 2020: the game has been updated with a fix for the spawning of future cubes, clay blobs and mystery novels similar to the one in my mod, so the mod has switched over to using the official version of the tuning files for those items. Pet bowls and sinks were removed from possible targets for Sharing is Caring stealing in the patch, so the mod has been updated to match.
- Updated on 5 June 2021: removed traces of the stuck commodities fix from the mod – the game’s core files have had this fix since October 2020. The fixes for obsessive cake baking, cooking and programming have been updated to match the game’s core files which make them compatible with Likes and Dislikes.
Downloading and installing the mod
Download the mod package file and place it in your Mods folder for The Sims 4, found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods.
You can check the compatibility with the latest game update on the mod status overview page.
Like this mod? You can support me at buymeacoffee.com/galactrix ☕
90 thoughts on “Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes”
NPS’s that walk around my house continiously come to my garden and steal (?) my table with umbrella, is this related issue? will this mod fix it?
No, this mod doesn’t stop sims stealing, it just makes sure they don’t steal things that are away from your lot, like the picnic tables in the public spaces. If the NPCs are stealing because of Neighbourhood Action Plans, you can vote to repeal the NAP.
Hello, is this mod and “NPC Neighbourhood Action Plan Autonomy Fixes” work together? and are they still working with today new patch: 184.108.40.2060 ?? Thank you
Yes, they are made to work together and work with the patch.
The eco livestyle N.A.P is really a problem for me, thank you so much for making the mod to fix these bug. I share all your mods to my followers but some of my followers’ internet cannot open the download link, may I ask for the permission to reupload your mods? no matter what, your mods do save my game and my sims world! It would be really nice to have a simfileshare downlink from you 🙂
You can share it with your followers.
The mod isn’t working, I installed this and the other mod for NAPs behavior and put them on the mods folder but sims keep playing with clay and stealing furniture from my house, I don’t have any other mod installed
The mod does not stop sims stealing or playing with clay. It stops sims targeting street furniture like public benches and tries to stop the majority of cases where clay stacks form in inventories. The mod is a fix for bugs – it does not stop the game doing what is normal behaviour for the pack (stealing and playing with clay is allowed).
Hey! I just wanted to thank you for making these bugfixes like these! The new expansion pack really gummed up some of my worlds with NPC voting. and this fix is crucial to playing!
Thank you sooooo much! Last night, I visited my yet unplayed household in Port Promise to repeal the NAPs selected for that zone. One of them has 89 lumps of clay in her inventory and her partner had 67. The autonomous swiping is awful. I really appreciate your jumping in so quickly to save us!
Where’s the download link?
Just before the comments section begins?
Again, thank you! Selling off my unlimited source of Future Cubes was neat at first but feels like cheating, and my Sims are constantly whipping these things out and getting Sad about the future.
Thank you so much for this fix! It actually made me want to play The Sims again, since the bug was so annoying. My save is fixed for good. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Worked beautifully! I was having a massive issue with the NAP causing my sims to alternate between baking and giving fake news all day long! This fixed the entire issue- thank you again!
It worked to solve the issue of my sim baking cakes but now furniture is being stolen from my restaurant. I’m guessing another neighborhood has the Sharing is Caring NAP enacted. I keep having to cheat to add money so i can buy new furniture that immediately is stolen.
This mod should stop critical restaurant furniture like tables and chairs being stolen, but it allows art and small decorations worth less than 1000 simoleons if the Sharing is Caring NAP is active. You can check to see which NAPs are active if you place a voting board or a mailbox on your restaurant lot and check it. If the NAP isn’t active, then you should try my NAP Autonomy Fix mod, because both mods are meant to be used together.
Hi, thank you so much for this mod! It is possible to know where can I change the maximum value of an item that can be stolen in non-residential lots? I want to be less than 1000 simoleons.
That’s not something you can set for yourself, it’s coded into the mod. The default from the game is unlimited value. I chose 1000 as the standard amount because that’s what the game set for Recycle Disciple stealing by default.
So do this mod and the NAP autonomy Fixes mod still work after the latest patch? I know Maxis fixed the NAP bug but your mods did more than just fix the issue, it made NAPs much more better and balanced.
I’ve only had a few hours to play the latest update, but as far as I can tell all my mods are still working.
Thank you, this mod will always be essential.
Hello, is this mod still work with the pre knitting patch? Hope so.
Great. Thank you
The prev. mod worked great before the newest game updates, not sure what happened, now it’s no longer working, when I log into the game it doesn’t show I am playing with a mod like before and my sims are constantly baking cakes again. I can’t figure out what is wrong. Ive even downloaded the updated mod Any ideas?
Did you re-enable mods in your options menu? The game disables all mods when it updates.
Hi, Galactrix, your mods save my Eco Lifestyle. Thank You! This mod is very useful and I have introduced it to my followers. But for some special reason they were unable to download the mod. Do you have a simfileshare link or can I upload it?
My downloads are hosted on Google Drive. Users in China can try a proxy or VPN service to access them.
There are many players can’t use proxy or VPN service. This mod is really useful and I hope more players can use it. I will show your page in the video and say that you are the modder. Can I get permission to reupload? Thank you!
Sure, OK. You can share it without your followers. 👍
Hey there! So I’ve put the mod in my game and removed the Goodies Unite NAP but my sims are still incessantly baking cakes. I was wondering if there is something I did wrong or something extra I need to do?
Are you sure mods are enabled in the game options and that the mod shows up in the list of installed mods? Do you have any other mods conflicting with it?
I think you may need to update. I downloaded it and nothing has changed, i’m still having these glitches.
What glitches? Maybe you are expecting the mod to do something it doesn’t do?
Can you please update the mod? My sims are still spawning a ton of clay and cube blocks.
Are they actually spawning new ones or are they still using old ones? The mod can’t do anything to delete already existing clay and cubes that are in sim inventories – those have to be deleted or sold manually.
Hi! Will this mod conflict with Zero’s EL annoyances mod (https://www.patreon.com/posts/el-community-38038030) – SPECIFICALLY the one that says “3. – Some tweaks to the new Recycle Disciple trait: removed the idles, that I don’t even need to see to hate, and removed the static commodity that makes them swipe autonomously (told you it was intended)”
I really want this mod of yours because I’m sick of the spawning, important stuff being stolen, etc. but worried about conflicts as yours seems to also address the Recycle Disciple swiping behaviour. I want to keep Zero’s mod in because it also stops random people from scrounging in trash.
As far as I can tell, there’s no conflicts with any of Zero’s three Eco Living annoyances packages. You should be able to use my mod too.
Is this gucci with the 18th august update?
I put the “Tested with game version” number below the download link and also post mod status updates on my coffee page.
Does this fix the problem of sims taking out cake ingredients then just setting them down?
It should help with that, if your sim is affected by the bug where NAP behaviour is stuck on them. Also it just lowers the priority of cake in general, so it’s less likely they pick that recipe at all.
Does this still work as of Today’s Patch?
Hi. Same question. And thank you.
It should be working fine without needing an update. The patch was just to prepare the game for the Journey to Batuu game pack and didn’t really contain any fixes for Eco Lifestyle other than for CAS.
Thank you for this mod! Would it be possible to add checks to the interactions (especially the push-ups, sit-ups, stretching) to prevent vendors from doing them? I’ve run into more than a few situations where my Sims couldn’t order anything because vendors were too busy performing NAP actions.
I’ve never seen any vendors distracted by NAP actions in my game if they’re tending their stalls. I’ve just checked one in my game and they don’t even get NAP autonomy buffs applied to them. There’s an “important jobs” list in the game and it doesn’t apply any NAP autonomy to sims with those jobs, and vendors are already on that list.
So if you’ve got vendors doing abnormal things, then maybe check if you have other mods that override normal game function.
I can’t tell you how thankful I am for this mod. These NAPs have taken away all enjoyment from my game. Even after using cheats to repeal all NAPs, sims are still autonomously doing all of these obnoxious things, so I’m so happy to have just stumbled upon this fix!
Thank you!!! I couldn’t go to any public places before in my game because everything would get stolen. I can finally go to a restaurant and not have my table stolen before my sim even sits down.
Is there a version of this mod that works for Mac?
This mod is for The Sims 4. It should work the same on both PC and Mac.
Oops, got it! First time downloading a mod. Thanks!
thank u very much
Is this mod compatible with Beinchen’s NapOverhaul Sharing is Caring portion of the mod’s collection to stop stealing? (Sims4me_napoverhaul_sharingiscaring.package)
I haven’t tested them together, but they don’t use any of the same resources, so I assume it’s OK. Bienchen’s mods change the NAP buffs. My mod changes the interactions directly.
ok, thank you 🙂
Hi there! I love this mod, I was just wondering if it’s compatible with the December 7th 2020 patch (1.69)
I am too busy at the moment to test it. I suspect that I need to update a couple of things because there were some fixes for eco inspectors, but usually the mods still work OK.
Ah okay thank you (and I apologise if I came across as trying to rush you for an update)! As long as it’s okay for now, I’ll keep it in my game, if I come across any LEs or errors, would it help to report them to you?
I don’t think that will be necessary, if my mods ever cause LEs, then I should be getting them too.
Download link is broken.
I just tested it and it seems to be working fine. Check that your firewall is not blocking Google.
I downloaded it and is worked for long time but now is not work at all, same like I didnt have any fix mod to it, they start swiping objects again. 🙁
Did you turn mods back on after the patch update last week? Every time there’s a big update, the game will disable all mods.
Good afternoon Galactrix, I am a fan of your work I admire your commitment and organization in your mods, I would like to know if any of your mods will need updating due to the latest version 220.127.116.110? (P.S: Do in your time know that you have a life beyond The Sims ;D)
Hello 🙂 I downloaded this mod because of the insane baking/cooking thing nonstop, but this mod hasn’t worked at all. Is it broken, or not up to date?
I haven’t heard of anyone else having issues. First check that you have enabled mods in your options, as that setting can get disabled after the game updates.
I have the same problem, The Sims do not stop cooking and do not eat anything they cook.
I think this needs an update. It keeps throwing errors with MCCC and doesnt work with the latest Sims 4 update. At least with my experience. They have gone back to their bad Eco Lifestyle obsessions, making this mod redundant.
Ok after removing this mod, things got worse. So even though its not as effective as it used to be and still throws errors, its better than not having it.
I’m not really sure what errors you are talking about? Are you sure they aren’t caused by something else? The only exceptions I see in my game are caused by the game itself and not mods, like issues with sims carrying umbrellas and traversing postures.
Yes the error log seems to be reporting errors to do with the base game and possibly Zerbu’s venue mods, but they dont happen anywhere near as often when I uninstall your mod.
is it updated to the recent Patch?
It doesn’t need to be updated. Under the download button I write the latest patch I’ve play tested it with and it seems to work fine with the July 2021 patch.
Hello, first of all thank you very much for your mods. They’re essential for me now.
But I wanted to ask for this one ; I noticed that children (only npcs I believe? not sure) are doing animations related to NAPs which aren’t made for them so of course they will get this nice body stretching… for example take a selfie or do the fitness stretching. Can you maybe look into this and blacklist them from these animations?
Yes, that’s the game making them do that by default. I’ve managed to find out what two of those animations are and I was planning to blacklist them in a future mod update, but haven’t got around to it yet.
Thank you for your answer! 🙂
This was huge, thank you!
When I use this mod I can’t plan social events. But I love it otherwise!
There’s nothing in this mod that would affect the ability to plan events. I just tried it in the game and was able to plan events using both the phone option and the event creation option from the calendar without any issues. You should check any other mods you might be using.
Isn’t removing the default romance checks the intent of the Free Love NAP? I was playing with WW and enacted the Free Love NAP, but people continued to refuse advances because they were married. What’s left that’s interesting about that policy?
Could you consider a version without that fix, please?
The mod just makes the game use its default romance checks for the highly-specific actions that NPCs use autonomously as part of the Free Love NAP. It doesn’t stop you from commanding your sims to use regular romance actions manually and it has no effect on success or fail chances on those – if your sims are refusing actions then they’d do that without the mod too.
The Free Love NAP still disables all jealousy reactions across the neighbourhood and also sims that match the default romance rules will autonomously romance each other – and those are a lot more open than you think e.g. romance is allowed if they are in a flirty mood.
Thank you for the clarification, and thank you for your great modding.
OMG! TY TY TY! Now I can continue my Berry Challenge!
Is it still compatible with zero’s latest NAP mod? It replaces some NAP. Can you make seperate files for each NAP? Some auto actions is weird but I like them. Sorry for my rude request
Sorry, I can’t keep track of other people’s mods for you. You’ll have to just use them together and test it for yourself. I also can’t take custom request, especially ones that increase the amount of work and complexity I’d have to maintain. It’s a lot easier for me to have a single mod to manage. My
mod doesn’t do anything except fix bugs that stop what I think were the intended behaviours for NAPs. If you are using other mods to replace those NAPs then they shouldn’t be affected.