Fixes an issue which causes the villagers with special roles in Cottage Living to be replaced with new random sims, and also fixes the same issue with the Eco Master, Maker and Entrepreneur sims in Eco Lifestyle.
Since the July 2022 patch for High School Years expansion pack, the villagers with special roles in Cottage Living expansion pack are being replaced with new random sims upon loading into Henford-on-Bagley:
- The Mayor (Lavina Chopra)
- The Grocery Store Owner (Kim Goldbloom)
- The Grocery Deliverer (Rahul Chopra)
- The Pub Owner (Sara Scott)
- The Creature Keeper (Michael Bell)
- The Crumplebottoms (although they get replaced by duplicate clones of themselves)
This is also reported to happen for the special role NPCs from Eco Lifestyle expansion pack:
- Eco Master (Knox Greenburg)
- Entrepreneur (Bess Sterling)
- Maker (Tina Tinker)
The expected sims are being replaced by randoms for the Eco Lifestyle welcome wagons.
You can read more about this bug at EA Answers HQ: NPC sims not filling regular positions. If you have this bug, be sure to visit that bug thread and click the ‘Me Too’ button.
The filters that allow these sims to appear for their roles includes a fame check and this seems to be not passing correctly since the High School Years update, resulting in the game not using them, and generating new replacements instead.
So it’s possible that if you don’t have Get Famous expansion pack installed, you might not be experiencing this bug.
- This mod is for people who own either Cottage Living or Eco Lifestyle expansion packs (or both) and possibly also having Get Famous expansion pack installed at the same time, since the July 2022 game update version 1.90.358.1030 for PC/Mac.
- The mod changes the sim filters for the affected special NPC roles listed above. If you have any other mods which change the same tuning files, they may clash.
- If the game generated new NPCs to fill the villager roles before you installed the mod, you will need to delete these yourself in Manage Worlds. The mod won’t do this for you.
Downloading and installing the mod
Download the mod package file and place it in your Mods folder for The Sims 4, found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods.
If you have game update 188.8.131.520 (or newer) then this mod is no longer required. EA listed this issue as fixed in their game update notes.
You can check the compatibility with the latest game update on the mod status overview page.
Like this mod? You can support me at buymeacoffee.com/galactrix ☕