Fixes an issue causing autonomous behaviour from Neighbourhood Action Plans (NAPs) from all neighbourhoods being applied to NPCs in the current area and in some cases, getting stuck on your played sims.
Bugs fixed by this mod
In The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle expansion pack, Neighbourhood Action Plans (NAPs) can be voted on in every neighbourhood where sims live in homes. If you have NPC voting enabled in your game options, NAPs can automatically be voted on by sims you’ve marked as favourites in your “My Households” tab, even in neighbourhoods you don’t actively play. The winning NAPs will then become active and NPCs in those neighbourhoods should start displaying behaviour associated with those NAPs.
Bug: NAPs from all neighbourhoods get applied to NPCs
There was a bug where the game did not check the details of the current area before applying NAP autonomy to NPCs. The result wass that NPCs started doing the behaviour of all active NAPs from everywhere in your game world.
* This bug was fixed by patch update 188.8.131.520 released on 23 July 2020.
You can read more about this bug at EA Answers HQ: NAPs from all neighbourhoods are applied to visiting NPCs.
Bug: Autonomous NPC behaviour gets stuck on played sims
The NPC autonomy triggers that sims get from NAPs can get permanently stuck on played sims under some circumstances (such as inviting over sims from a different household and then switching control to them while not changing lots).
When this happens, affected sims in the currently active household will autonomously start doing NAP related behaviour, which can interrupt their queued tasks and can also happen even if you have sim autonomy turned off in your options.
You can read more about this bug at EA Answers HQ: Active sims interrupt current action to do something else. Visit the thread and click “me too” to raise its importance for hopefully getting an official patch fix.
The mod makes the commodities which trigger NAP autonomy non-persistent, meaning they can’t be saved and get stuck on your sims.
- This mod fix is for players who own the Eco Lifestyle expansion pack on PC/Mac with game update versions since 184.108.40.2060.
- The mod rewrites the tuning files for loot actions for enacting NAPs on instanced sims and the commodities for NAP effects. If you have any other mods that change the same tuning files, they may clash with this mod.
- This mod addresses autonomous NAP behaviour being performed by both NPCs and your played sims (only if they are affected by the bug as described above where NAP autonomy is not removed properly). If your sims are performing other autonomous actions you are having issues with, it’s probably either their normal behaviour or caused by something else (like a different bug or other mods).
- The mod was updated on 17 June 2020 to add a fix for another bug where NAP autonomy occasionally got permanently stuck on played sims.
- The mod has been made obsolete by patch update 220.127.116.110 released on 23 July 2020 and is no longer required.
Downloading and installing the mod
Download the mod package file and place it in your Mods folder for The Sims 4, found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods.
If you have game update 18.104.22.1680 (or newer), then this mod is no longer required. The main bug with incorrect NAPs being applied everywhere has been officially fixed by the update.
If your sims are still affected by the other bug where autonomous NAP behaviour becomes stuck on them, you should use the latest version of my other mod, Eco Lifestyle Interactions Fixes, instead – it now includes the same fix.
Latest updated version: 17 June 2020
Tested to work with game version PC 22.214.171.1240 (July 2020)
Like this mod? You can support me at buymeacoffee.com/galactrix ☕